Tayara means 'airplane' in Arabic.

This blog is about airplanes and anything that involves them.

It is mostly about Commercial Aviation, but also General and, occasionally, Military.

During my travels around the world I take pictures and video as a hobby of everything and anything related. I also include some acquaintances’ contributions from time to time, giving them proper credit.

Please, feel free to comment or suggest on my posts.

** Pictures here are copyrighted and only for your own enjoyment**

Ethiopian Boeing 727-200/Adv ET-AJU / 1992.09.01

DIR (Aba Tenna Dejazmach Yilma International airport. Dire Dawa, Ethiopia)
Blast from the Past.— I used not to like short stopovers during my itineraries, but now I miss them. I now realize that the more you stop, the more chances you have not only to visit other airports and see other aircrafts and spot different airlines, but also to photograph while waiting, boarding or deplaning. Those times are mostly gone now. On this occasion I was on board Flight ET627 from JIB (Djibouti) to ADD (Addis Ababa), and I was surprised with a stop halfway at DIR (Dire Dawa). While waiting to board again, I went to the observation deck at the airport so I could take a shot of the aircraft I was flying in: Ethiopian Airlines (የኢትዮጵያ አየር መንገድ) Boeing 727-200/Adv ET-AJU, with the old company's livery on a hot, humid mid morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment