Tayara means 'airplane' in Arabic.

This blog is about airplanes and anything that involves them.

It is mostly about Commercial Aviation, but also General and, occasionally, Military.

During my travels around the world I take pictures and video as a hobby of everything and anything related. I also include some acquaintances’ contributions from time to time, giving them proper credit.

Please, feel free to comment or suggest on my posts.

** Pictures here are copyrighted and only for your own enjoyment**

Singapore Airlines Airbus 380-800 9V-SKC / 2008.04.16

LHR (Heathrow airport. London, United Kingdom)
The day I post this picture, April 27 2015, marks the 10th anniversary of the first flight of an Airbus 380. A couple of years later, Singapore Airlines became the first operator of the aircraft and this is my first picture of such a massive airplane, precisely one of SIA. I was on a long layover at LHR (London Heathrow) and decided to walk to the gate to catch it while preparing for its flight back to SIN (Singapore).
This is 9V-SKC, the third one delivered to the company, barely a month before this picture. You can see how brand new it looks.
I got the chance for yet another first with this particular aircraft, since this was the one I flew on my first Airbus 380 trip, in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment